Recently me and my friend, Roopak Bhartee participated in a paper presentation competition organized by Cognizant Technology Solutions - TransITion 09 conducted on 22nd February 2009.
We presented a paper on Service Oriented Architecture which covered topics like JNI and Java Web Services. Our topic was Service Oriented Architecture - Bringing Versatility to Business.
We were selected from our college to represent Osmania University at the event.
Our college received about 10-15 entries from various departments out of which 2 were selected and sent to the next level selection committee at CTS. There were 2 teams from around 14 colleges of Hyderabad, making a total of 28 teams. Out of these 28 teams, 10 teams were shortlisted. On the final day these 10 teams presented their paper amidst a huge crowd, out of which 2 teams were declared the final winners.
Our presentation mainly focused on
- How existing C/C++ functions can be leveraged in Java
- How Java web-services can be leveraged to create further Java applications (J2SE, J2EE and J2ME) and how the same Java web-service can be used in a ASP.Net page or a C# client
The topics covered in the presentation include -
- Philosophy of SOA
- SOA - The Simplified Model
- SOA - The Web Services Model
- Composite services using SOA
- Organizational approach to SOA
- SOA Adapters
The demos included in the presentation are -
- JNI Using Java and C/C++
- Web Services using Java, NetBeans and GlassFish
We won the second prize at the competition and were awarded a 30 GB iPod each. (Yup, 30 GB :)) Besides this, our victory made it to the college news-paper and we received accolades from everybody.