- Accretion - A gradual increase in the amount or size of something
There was an accretion in the balloon when it was attached to the cylinder.
- Acquisitive - Characterized by a strong desire to gain or retain information
My friend was acquisitive about Greek mythology.
- Acrid - Harsh or bitter taste or smell
The cough syrup given to me had an acrid taste.
- Acute - Sharp; quick and precise; intense
A calculator is an acute device for calculations.
- Adhere - To stick fast; to remain in support of
The wood pieces started to adhere after applying glue.
- Adjacent - In the nearest position; next to
I was standing adjacent to my favorite actor in the audio release.
- Adroit - Showing skill and experience
The scientist is adroit in nuclear technology.
- Aesthete - One with an excessive sensibility to beauty
The painting was appreciated by a famous aesthete.
- Aesthetic - Appeals to the senses because it is beautiful
The Taj Mahal is very aesthetic.
- Affinity - Natural attraction; inherent similarity
Ants have a great affinity towards sugar.