Friday, February 19, 2010

Capital IQ - A New Chapter In My Life

I recently joined Capital IQ as an intern. This blog-post gives a brief overview of Capital IQ. In my subsequent posts, I will be explaining how I got into CIQ and my experiences there.

Before I tell my story, I should introduce Capital IQ to all my readers who don’t know it yet. To know about Capital IQ, you should know "The McGraw Hill Companies Inc."

The McGraw Hill Companies Inc. traces back to 1888. Its primary areas of business are education, publishing, broadcasting and financial and business services. In India it is popular in the educational sector as Tata McGraw Hill. I am sure most of us have grown up studying the text-books published by TMH. Know more about the McGraw Hill companies at http://www.mcgraw-hill.com/

In the financial sector, McGraw Hill shines as Standard & Poor's (S&P). S&P is the division that publishes financial results and analysis on stocks and bonds. S&P traces its history back to 1860 and was acquired by The McGraw Hill companies in 1966. Know more about Standard & Poor’s at http://www.standardandpoors.com/

Capital IQ is a provider of information and analytical tools for investment bankers, money managers and other financial professionals. Capital IQ was founded in 1999 and currently operates as a division of Standard & Poor's after its acquisition in 2004. The company's headquarters is located at New York City and has several regional offices in various places in the world like Boston, San Francisco, Canada, London, Argentina, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, etc. Know more about Capital IQ at https://www.capitaliq.com/

If you want to know how I got into Capital IQ, please read my subsequent posts.

No comments: