Recently me and my friend, G Sunil Kumar gave a presentation at Head Start 09, the tech-fest of Chaithanya Bharathi Institute of Technology (CBIT).
Our topic was Globalized Solutions - Breaking the Barriers of Language, which primarily concentrated on the Internationalization support provided by Java.
The presentation mainly focused on
- The need for Globalized Solutions
- How Java supports Internationalization
The topics covered in the presentation were -
- The case for Globalized Solutions
- Globalization terms
- Application Internationalization
- Internationalizing Java Desktop, Web and Mobile applications
- Translation and Transliteration
- Persistence Internationalization
The demos shown during the presentation were -
- Creating a Java Desktop Application
- Creating a Java Web Application
- Creating a Java Mobile Application
On a whole, we could reach out to the crowd and explain them, why multi-lingual applications are important and showed them how to create their own multi-lingual applications.
And as they say in Internationalization - bye, au revoir, Tschüss :) until my next blog-post.