Previous Oscar Winners
The Oscar is a distant dream for the country's top award-winning filmmakers, but as thought it is not that we have never got an Oscar award.
- Bhanu Athaiya (1982) is the first Indian to get an Oscar. She received the Costume Design Award for her movie Ghandhi
- Satyajit Ray (1992) got an Oscar in the Lifetime Achievement Category
However these awards are customarily thought to be some sort of consolation.
What does the jury expect from a movie?
- A Good Script is something which properly conveys the message that the director imagines in his mind
- Realistic Approach in the sense to approach the script in most common way as if the story happened really and what if it happens really and all those cases which may take place if the story of the script is real
- Natural Way of Taking is to shoot the scenes so that the viewers feel that they were real
- A Good Cast is very necessary as they should suit the characters of the film and should enact them properly
- Proper publicity is to make the film reach the people near and abroad
- Movies should be made Straight to the Point instead of beating around the bush. On an average a movie in our country lasts for nearly for two and a half hours or three hours, on the other hand their films are just for about an hour and an half or two